Last summer, KFC changed the game for bite-sized chicken with its phenomenally successful introduction of Original Recipe® Bites. Barely a year later, the brand is turning up the heat with the launch of Hot Shot Bites™, 100 percent whole white breast meat bites, seasoned in a hot and spicy marinade and then hand breaded in KFC’s famous Extra Crispy™ breading.
Hot Shot Bites™ (Photo: Business Wire)
“KFC fans are always looking to us for new and innovative ways to experience the authentic taste of their favorite chicken – and for many of them ‘more spice’ has been at the top of their wish list,” said Jason Marker, Chief Marketing Officer for KFC U.S. “We’re providing customers with new flavors and menu options that fit into how they enjoy food and live their life today.”
The latest launch continues a trend of product innovation from the world’s most famous chicken restaurant chain, including Original Recipe Bites and Original Recipe Boneless. It also addresses the continued popularity of hot and spicy foods.
For a limited time, a six-piece Hot Shot Bites Combo is available for only $3.99 plus tax, and comes with a side item and a medium drink. An eight-piece Boneless Bucket includes Original Recipe Boneless (four pieces of dark meat and four pieces of white meat), along with 10 Hot Shot Bites for just $15.99 plus tax. (Pricing and participation may vary by restaurant.)TV Commercial: Like a Slap to Your Taste Buds KFC’s TV commercial for Hot Shot Bites illustrates the product’s spicy kick in a humorous way. The spot features a young man who meets a young woman at a party, and instead of breaking the ice with a corny pick-up line, he simply offers her one of his Hot Shot Bites. Things start to “heat up” when she tastes the hot and spicy product and her response is quite literally a slap in the face, after which she takes the remaining Bites from him.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV