WALTHAM, Mass., July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alere Inc. (NYSE: ALR) (the "Company" or "Alere"), a global leader in enabling individuals to take charge of their health at home through the merger of rapid diagnostics and health information solutions, announced that it has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") a presentation that was made to Institutional Shareholder Services ("ISS") on July 22, 2013.
Alere is urging stockholders to vote FOR the election of Alere's new, independent director nominees on the WHITE proxy card at the Company's 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders, to be held on August 7, 2013.
The presentation to ISS is available at the SEC's website and can also be viewed by visiting http://www.alere.com/us/en/about/investor-relations/annual-meetings-reports.html.
The presentation outlines the following points:
- Alere's new strategy, which is focused on driving organic revenue growth, operational improvements and cost reductions and deleveraging via cash flow and divestitures of non-core assets, is already unlocking stockholder value.
- The Alere Board's four new, independent director nominees will bring independent thinking, fresh perspectives and significant public company board and CEO experience to the Board of Directors.
- Coppersmith's nominees lack experience relevant to Alere's long-term strategy. Notably, two of its three nominees have never served on the board of directors of a public company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV