FREDERIKSTED, U.S. Virgin Islands, July 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Altisource Residential Corporation (Residential or the Company) (NYSE:RESI) announced today financial and operating results for the second quarter of 2013. Net income for the second quarter of 2013 totaled $5.2 million or $0.26 per share based on a weighted average of 20.3 million shares outstanding.
Net income for the six months ended June 30, 2013 totaled $4.2 million or $0.29 per share based on a weighted average of 14.5 million shares outstanding.
Second quarter business performance highlights:
- On April 5, 2013, we completed an acquisition of a portfolio of non-performing residential mortgage loans (NPLs) having an unpaid principal balance, or UPB, of $172.1 million.
- On May 1, 2013, we completed a follow-on equity offering of 17,250,000 shares at $18.75 per share from which we received net proceeds of $309.5 million.
- In addition, during the quarter we agreed to acquire two NPL portfolios with $470 million in UPB. These recent transactions are expected to close in July 2013.
- Net investment gains for the quarter totaled $8.9 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV