BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (NASDAQ:BCRX) today announced that Fred E. Cohen, M.D., D.Phil., was elected to the Company's Board of Directors.
“The Board of Directors and Leadership Team of BioCryst are very pleased to have Fred join the Company’s Board,” said George B. Abercrombie, Chairman of the Board of BioCryst. “Fred brings a wealth of scientific knowledge and business acumen to BioCryst and has been a valuable resource to the organization for several years as both an advisor and as an investor. We look forward to his guidance and insights toward the further success of BioCryst."
In 2001, Dr. Cohen joined TPG to initiate TPG’s venture efforts in biotechnology and life sciences, and he serves as a Partner and Managing Director at TPG Biotech. Dr. Cohen has been a member of the faculty of University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) since 1986. At UCSF, Dr. Cohen has served as an Internist for hospitalized patients, a consulting Endocrinologist and as the Chief of the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism. His research interests include structure based drug design, prion diseases, computational biology and heteropolymer chemistry. Fred’s research is best known in the fields of protein structure and the conformational basis of prion disease.
Dr. Cohen received his B.S. degree in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry from Yale University, his D.Phil. in Molecular Biophysics from Oxford on a Rhodes Scholarship, his M.D. from Stanford and his postdoctoral training and postgraduate medical training in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology at UCSF. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and the American College of Medical Informatics and a member of the American Society for Clinical Investigation and Association of American Physicians. Dr. Cohen was elected to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences in 2004 and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV