This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Regions Financial Corporation And Subsidiaries Financial Supplement To Second Quarter 2013 Earnings Release

Loan balances increase

Total ending loan balances were $75 billion, an increase of $1.1 billion or 1.4 percent linked quarter. Loan growth was broad-based among product lines as well as across the company’s geographic footprint as approximately 70 percent of the company’s areas experienced loan growth. Total new loan production for the quarter was $8 billion, an increase of 23 percent linked quarter.

Total business lending, which is made up of commercial loans and investor real estate loans, increased 2.2 percent to $46 billion at quarter end. These loans make up 61 percent of the total loan portfolio. Much of this increase was driven by commercial and industrial loans, which experienced growth for the twelfth straight quarter. Ending loans in this category were up 5 percent compared to the prior quarter, and 11 percent over the same period last year. New loan production in this portfolio increased 36 percent linked quarter to $4 billion as the company experienced pick up in lending to small businesses as well as seasonal growth in demand overall. In addition, total commercial and industrial line commitments grew $2 billion, or 5 percent linked quarter.

The investor real estate portfolio declined during the second quarter; however, this portfolio experienced a more modest rate of decline compared to previous quarters. The pace of de-risking has slowed and has been somewhat offset by new production. Total new and renewed production in this portfolio increased 12 percent from the prior quarter and was driven by lending to well-qualified home builders and developers in select markets. At quarter end, the investor real estate portfolio totaled $7 billion and comprised 9 percent of the total loan portfolio, compared to 12 percent one year ago.

Consumer loans totaled $29 billion on an ending basis and remained flat linked quarter, indicating that consumer deleveraging has begun to subside. Consumer loan production totaled $3 billion in the second quarter, an increase of 12 percent over the prior quarter. Indirect auto loans experienced an increase in ending balances of 9 percent linked quarter. Production in the indirect auto portfolio totaled $508 million during the quarter, an increase of 21 percent linked quarter and 40 percent over the prior year.

3 of 5

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
AAPL $93.18 -0.47%
FB $117.78 -0.24%
GOOG $701.31 0.81%
TSLA $211.15 -5.10%
YHOO $36.96 2.70%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,660.58 +9.32 0.05%
S&P 500 2,049.58 -1.54 -0.08%
NASDAQ 4,718.8410 -6.7980 -0.14%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs