KYOTO, Japan, July 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) today announced its consolidated results under U.S.GAAP for the period of April 1, 2013 through June 30, 2013.
The highlights are as follows:
- Sales up 18% y/y and 13.6% q/q to a quarterly record of JPY 211.3 billion.
- Operating income of JPY 18.1 billion, a positive swing of approximately JPY 43.5 billion compared to a loss from operations of JPY 25.4 in the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2013. Operating income on a y/y basis down 18.5%.
- Upward revision to the 1H and full-year financial forecasts.
- EPS: 99.56 yen (basic) 92.93 yen (diluted)
|Selected Consolidated Results of Operations (Unaudited)||(Yen in millions, except for per share amounts and percentages)|
|Three months ended June 30,||Increase (Decrease)%||(Reference) Three months ended March 31, 2013|
|Ratio of operating income to net sales||8.6%||12.4%||--||--|
|Income before income taxes||17,399||18,334||(5.1%)||(24,409)|
|Ratio of income before income taxes to net sales||8.2%||10.2%||--||--|
|Net income attributable to Nidec Corporation||13,359||13,282||0.6%||(19,095)|
|Ratio of net income attributable to Nidec Corporation to net sales||6.3%||7.4%||--||--|
|Net income attributable to shareholders per share-basic--||99.56||97.99||--||--|
|Net income attributable to shareholders per share-diluted||92.93||91.53||--||--|
Full copy of Nidec's financial statements for the first quarter ended June 30, 2013: http://www.nidec.co.jp/english/news/indexdata_e/2013/0723_2.pdfA conference call webcast (audio-only, user-control slides attached) discussing Nidec's financial results for the first quarter ended June 30, 2013 is scheduled for 09:00 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, July 23, 2013. To listen to the webcast, please visit Nidec website at: http://www.nidec.co.jp/english/ir/information/FY13Q1 About Nidec Corporation Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) (Tokyo/Osaka:6594) is a global leader in electric motor drive technology. For the first quarter ended June 30, 2013, 41.6% of its consolidated sales were represented by small precision motors; 27.5% by appliance, commercial and industrial products; 12.3% by automotive products; 8.3% by electronic and optical components; 9.4% by machinery, and 0.9% by the remaining product lines. Nidec was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1973 by Shigenobu Nagamori, its current President and CEO.
CONTACT: Masahiro Nagayasu General Manager Investor Relations +81-75-935-6140 email@example.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts