HealthStream, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSTM), a leading provider of learning, talent management, and research solutions for the healthcare industry, announced today results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
- Revenues of $31.9 million in the second quarter of 2013, up 24% from revenues of $25.8 million in the second quarter of 2012
- Operating income of $4.1 million in the second quarter of 2013, up 2% from operating income of $4.0 million in the second quarter of 2012
- Net income of $2.4 million in both the second quarter of 2013 and the second quarter of 2012, and earnings per share (EPS) of $0.09 per share (diluted) for both the second quarter of 2013 and the second quarter of 2012
- Adjusted EBITDA 1 of $6.4 million in the second quarter of 2013, up 8% from $5.9 million in the second quarter of 2012
Second Quarter 2013 Compared to Second Quarter 2012Revenues for the second quarter of 2013 increased $6.1 million, or 24 percent, to $31.9 million, compared to $25.8 million for the second quarter of 2012. Revenues from HealthStream Learning & Talent Management increased by $5.8 million, or 30 percent, when compared to the second quarter of 2012. Revenues from our Internet-based subscription products increased by approximately $5.0 million, or 28 percent, over the prior year quarter due to a higher number of subscribers and more courseware consumption by subscribers. Revenues in the second quarter of 2013 were positively influenced by courseware subscriptions associated with ICD-10 training. Revenues from SimVentures, our collaborative arrangement with Laerdal Medical A/S, increased by $410,000, or 105 percent, over the prior year second quarter to $802,000 due, in part, to the fulfillment of backorders of a recently upgraded product. Revenues from our credentialing software product (which was acquired through the Sy.Med Development acquisition in October 2012 and is not an Internet-based product) contributed $1.1 million during the second quarter of 2013. Revenues from project-based services decreased $636,000 from the prior year quarter due to the completion of a large content development project.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts