DETROIT , July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DTE Energy (NYSE: DTE) is starting a new Boot Camp to train veterans and others to become instrument and control technicians in the company's fleet of power plants.
The Fossil Generation Boot Camp will begin in late August through Schoolcraft Community College in Livonia. There are 15 training slots available and at least 10 employment opportunities at the end of training.
The Michigan National Guard will help identify potential students based on their skills, experience and aptitude for the job. While there is no guarantee of employment, Boot Camp students who successfully complete the training are expected to be well-qualified and ready to start careers in the energy industry upon graduation.
The initial four week-training will involve a distance learning approach through a home computer. If a home computer isn't available, there will be two locations in Livonia where they will be made available. The second part of the training, which will conclude in November, will be at MIAT College of Technology in Canton Township.Those interested should have graduated high school or have a GED, completed two years of at least high school algebra and physics, and have at least 4 ½ years of equivalent instrument and control experience, including two years of process controls system experience. Contact SEMCA Michigan Works at email@example.com for more information. SOURCE DTE Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV