NEW YORK, July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Small businesses and consumers driving the Internet economy now have a higher gear. Verizon has begun deploying a new top-tier FiOS Quantum Internet service, featuring speeds of 500 megabits per second download and 100 Mbps upload – the fastest broadband speed available in markets where Verizon offers its all-fiber-optic services.
With the new service, large files move with the ease and fluidity of an email:
- A 2 megabyte architectural blueprint takes a fraction of a second (0.03 seconds, to be exact) to download and 0.16 seconds to upload.
- A five-minute, 250 megabyte HD promotional video takes four seconds to download and 20 seconds to upload.
- A two-hour, 5 gigabyte HD movie will be on your PC or tablet in 1.4 minutes or be sent in under seven minutes at the upload speed of 100 Mbps.
(NOTE: A video, infographic and charts offering fuller representations of specific consumer and small-business benefits of faster downstream and upstream are available here http://vz.to/15C7w5t).
"Internet-power users have found a friend in FiOS Quantum Internet," said Bob Mudge, president of Verizon's consumer and mass business group. "Over the past year, one-third of FiOS Internet customers have upgraded to Quantum speeds of 50 Mbps or faster to do more of what they want, whenever they wish, on more devices throughout their home or office."Our customers want and get a leg up on online video games. They want to stream movies on myriad devices; share tons of pictures and home videos; and send big work files so they don't skip a beat when they're working from home or growing their business. Our all-fiber-optic network lets them do it all at the same time," Mudge said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV