As if a top- and bottom-line earnings miss wasn't going to put enough downward pressure on the stock, the tragic report of a roller coaster death isn't helping matters.
But has the pullback created a buying opportunity? Perhaps not yet, Cramer says. He said that it's usually best to give the stock a few days to react to the news and allow investors to get a better feel for what's really happening.
While the early summer weather did slow down theme park operators, Cramer said he expects there to be a strong finish to summer. Rather than Six Flags, though, he's advocating that investors buy Cedar Fair (FUN) instead.The company just reaffirmed its fiscal year guidance, suggesting that revenues and earnings should be fine going forward. Regarding the recent distaste for high-dividend-paying stocks, Cramer said he was no longer worried. With interest rates turning lower, "Cedar Fair is the place to be," he concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. . Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV