As if a top- and bottom-line earnings miss wasn't going to put enough downward pressure on the stock, the tragic report of a roller coaster death isn't helping matters.
But has the pullback created a buying opportunity? Perhaps not yet, Cramer says. He said that it's usually best to give the stock a few days to react to the news and allow investors to get a better feel for what's really happening.
While the early summer weather did slow down theme park operators, Cramer said he expects there to be a strong finish to summer. Rather than Six Flags, though, he's advocating that investors buy Cedar Fair (FUN) instead.The company just reaffirmed its fiscal year guidance, suggesting that revenues and earnings should be fine going forward. Regarding the recent distaste for high-dividend-paying stocks, Cramer said he was no longer worried. With interest rates turning lower, "Cedar Fair is the place to be," he concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. . Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV