Finerman said that she found the stock interesting, but not because of Peltz's role. The company said it will consider spinning off its performance chemicals unit, which is what Peltz wanted. She said this possible spinoff shows that management does have a focus on creating shareholder value.
Mike Khouw said that there was a lot of buying in the options market today for DuPont, which traded three times its average volume. Of that, the six most active contracts were calls, mainly the October 60s. He added that if he was going to take a long position in the stock, he would do it via call options.
For their final trades, Seymour said he is a buyer of Altria and is staying long Brazil via the iShares MSCI Brazil ETF (EWZ) until $47.50. Scaramucci said he's a buyer of Google (GOOG) and Adami said he's looking for Phillips 66 (PSX) to continue rallying Wednesday.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.Follow @BretKenwell Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV