EC, APA And HAL, 3 Energy Stocks Pushing The Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Halliburton Company ( HAL) is down $0.48 (-1.1%) to $45.35 on heavy volume. Thus far, 10.6 million shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.11-$46.66 after having opened the day at $46.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.83. Halliburton Company provides a range of services and products for the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas. The company operates in two segments, Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation. Halliburton Company has a market cap of $41.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 32.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Halliburton Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Halliburton Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Halliburton Company Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the energy industry could consider Energy Select Sector SPDR ( XLE) while those bearish on the energy industry could consider Proshares Short Oil & Gas ( DDG).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts