3. As of noon trading, MDU Resources Group ( MDU) is up $0.28 (1.0%) to $28.50 on light volume. Thus far, 118,507 shares of MDU Resources Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 722,500 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $28.19-$28.58 after having opened the day at $28.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.22. MDU Resources Group, Inc. operates as a diversified natural resource company in the United States. The company’s Electric segment generates, transmits, and distributes electricity in Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming. MDU Resources Group has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the utilities sector. Shares are up 32.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate MDU Resources Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MDU Resources Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full MDU Resources Group Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts