While the company did report in-line revenue results, it missed on the bottom line by 2 cents. That added to the recent string of disappointments, with McDonald's missing three of the past four estimates going into today's report.
He added that perhaps consumers are really starting to shift their focus toward fresh and healthy foods, enabling companies like Panera Bread Company (PNRA) and Whole Foods Market (WFM) to continue to grow in popularity.Although he said that he thinks CEO Don Thompson is doing a good job, the numbers haven't been "dazzling" like they used to be in the past. Cramer added that the stock will be headed to $90 per share in a hurry if investors continue to see these kinds of results. He also said that he doesn't expect McDonald's to make a move into the fast-casual industry, saying that it had already spun off Chipotle, but that offering food with integrity would help. However, that would be hard to do without compromising prices. While he'd love to recommend the stock because it's a great company, Cramer said that he can't at the current price. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV