DALLAS, July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) announced today an extension of flight schedules for travel through March 7, 2014. In extending the carrier's bookable inventory, Southwest introduces new service between Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, beginning Feb. 13, 2014.
The new route is the next step in the integration process between Southwest Airlines and its wholly owned subsidiary, AirTran Airways. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International is AirTran's top airport in terms of daily departures, and Reagan National ranks eighth. In addition to the once-daily Southwest flight between Atlanta and Washington, D.C., AirTran will continue to operate five daily nonstop flights between the cities.
"This new link on Southwest Airlines between Washington, D.C., and Atlanta is another milestone toward full integration," said Bob Jordan, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer of Southwest Airlines. "The route brings another payoff in our investment to bring AirTran's People, planes, and places into the Southwest network as new offerings for our Customers."
Southwest Airlines is celebrating the new route with a special one-way low fare of $109 available for purchase today through July 28, for travel Feb. 13 through March 7, 2014.Additionally, Southwest introduces a new nonstop flight between Baltimore/Washington International Airport and Dayton International Airport and is celebrating with a $99 introductory fare, available for purchase today through July 28, for travel Feb. 13 through March 7, 2014. Seasonal service between Reno/Tahoe and Chicago ( Midway), Las Vegas and Albany, and Long Island MacArthur and Ft. Meyers/ Naples will resume on Feb. 13, 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV