BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- It's earnings season -- that time each quarter when investors get to drink fundamental data through a fire hose instead of a straw. And right now, the Rocket Stocks are fueling up.
For most of the year, Wall Street is kept in the dark -- until earnings season, that is. When earnings get released, they have the potential to significantly move stock prices in either direction. After all, they're one of just four chances each year to synch up investor projections and anticipation with reality.
Not all names have the same chance of a big move higher during earnings season. That's why we're turning to afresh set of Rocket Stocks to start the week.>>5 Must-See Charts to Buy in July For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 208 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 81.15%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks. >>5 Dividend Stocks Ready to Pay You More
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV