4 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: WIN, GRMN, HCN, MFA
Health Care REIT (NYSE: HCN) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.50%. Health Care REIT, Inc. is an independent equity real estate investment trust. The firm engages in acquiring, planning, developing, managing, repositioning and monetizing of real estate assets. It primarily invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 93.82. The average volume for Health Care REIT has been 2,468,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Health Care REIT has a market cap of $19.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 10.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Health Care REIT as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HCN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 51.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 22.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $58.51 million to $71.66 million.
- HEALTH CARE REIT INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HEALTH CARE REIT INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.45 versus $0.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.88 versus $0.45).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HEALTH CARE REIT INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for HEALTH CARE REIT INC is rather low; currently it is at 16.12%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.26% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Health Care REIT Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV