Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones-Provi (NYSE: PVD) shares currently have a dividend yield of 12.70%. Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones Provida S.A. offers private pension fund administration and related services in the Republic of Chile. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.74. The average volume for Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones-Provi has been 20,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones-Provi has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are down 17.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones-Provi as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AFP PROVIDA SA reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, AFP PROVIDA SA increased its bottom line by earning $9.85 versus $6.87 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 146.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $67.97 million to $167.35 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, AFP PROVIDA SA's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for AFP PROVIDA SA is rather high; currently it is at 65.39%. Regardless of PVD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PVD's net profit margin of 166.95% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- PVD, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 6.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones-Provi Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts