PARK RIDGE, N.J., July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of Joey Logano and the No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang's win in the STP 300 race at Chicagoland Speedway, Hertz (NYSE: HTZ) is offering NASCAR race fans $22 off their next weekly car rental. Taking the checkers on Sunday afternooon, this is Logano's second win at Chicagoland Speedway and his second Nationwide Series win driving for Penske Racing.
"Joey has shown his passion and skill for driving on the track and the victory at Chicagoland Speedway was no exception," commented Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "It was exciting to see Joey Logano win for the second time at Chicagoland Speedway and we're pleased to offer race fans a special discount in honor of the team's win."
Logano didn't have the dominate car on Sunday at the 1.5-mile track located in Joliet, Illinois, but great pit work by the No. 22 Hertz team and solid adjustments by crew chief Jeremy Bullins helped get Logano in a position to win late in the race. On the final restart with just 15 laps to go, Logano passed Penske Racing teammate Sam Hornish Jr. and pulled away for the victory."To be able to come out here to Chicagoland Speedway on my off weekend and get another win for this No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang is pretty exciting," commented Logano. "Our winning wouldn't have been possible without the work and dedication of the entire team; together, we were all able to get this No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang up front and in contention to win. I'd say at the end, we were traveling at the speed of Hertz."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV