Or you can buy any one of the companies I have mentioned that have seen a turn. I am particularly impressed with what GE has to say, but Ingersoll Rand or Johnson Controls would get the biggest boost from Europe down the road, and they have now become go-to stocks in any decline. I am not a big fan of Manpower because that's a tough business, but it just jumped 11 points, from $54 to $65, in a couple of weeks' time.
The ultimate takeaway, though, isn't so much what to buy because of Europe. It's what not to sell because of Europe. So many companies have had their earnings kept back, and so many had been crimped by Europe, and suddenly that's just not happening anymore. It's a huge turn, and this is a continent with 600 million people, the largest market for China and a gigantic market for the U.S. Sure, China's in decline and, yes, Latin America's just so-so.
But Europe turning? Who'd a'thunk it?
Yet it is undeniable, and you would know it if you'd just listened to all of these calls and heard what the companies with boots on the ground have had to say.At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long GE and HON.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV