BUFFALO, N.Y., July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- M&T Bank customers have received more than 10 million account alerts via text messages, emails and push notifications through the M&T Bank mobile app in less than a year.
The top three most popular alerts used by M&T Bank customers, in order of activity level are:
- Low Account Balance Alert— customers can keep track of their account by customizing a balance level triggering this alert.
- Large Withdrawal Alert— this customizable alert is triggered for any withdrawals at a dollar amount pre-selected by the customer.
- Returned Check Deposit Alert— customers are alerted an item deposited into their account was returned for insufficient funds.
"Our customers have embraced the new customizable account alerts to better manage their account information at their fingertips. Empowering customers to make more choices about how and when they want to receive account information has given them more control and convenience," said Mike Shryne, senior vice president for Alternative Banking at M&T.
Customers have the ability to quickly make needed adjustments to their M&T Bank accounts when an alert is received—such as transferring funds between accounts and viewing recent transactions—through the bank's mobile application for iPhone® or mobile web banking.M&T customers have the ability to set a "do not disturb" time during which M&T will not send text alerts. Customers can also set up more than one different mobile number for alerts delivery. Account alerts come with no additional charge from M&T Bank, although text messaging charges from a customer's cell phone carrier may apply. M&T offers over 20 different alerts, including Debit Card Alerts, providing notification of ATM withdrawals and purchases almost immediately. Customers signing up for alerts automatically receive an alert whenever their personal identification number (PIN) is changed or when suspicious account activity is detected.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV