Trade-Ideas: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN) Is Today's Momo Momentum Stock
- REGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $212.3 million.
- REGN has a PE ratio of 35.5.
- REGN is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- REGN is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- REGN is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- REGN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- REGN has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 1.2%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in REGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for REGN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on REGN: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions in the United States and internationally. REGN has a PE ratio of 35.5. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Regeneron Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Regeneron has a market cap of $25.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.84 and a short float of 5.9% with 4.95 days to cover. Shares are up 60.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- REGN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 89.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.33, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.63, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 718.18% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 115.83% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, REGN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 748.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $11.65 million to $98.87 million.
- You can view the full Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.