Trade-Ideas: Kimberly-Clark Corporation (KMB) Is Today's Weak On High Relative Volume Stock
- KMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $169.1 million.
- KMB has traded 489,794 shares today.
- KMB is trading at 2.84 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- KMB is trading at a new low 3.01% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KMB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KMB: Kimberly-Clark Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets personal care, consumer tissue, and health care products worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Personal Care, Consumer Tissue, K-C Professional, and Health Care. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. KMB has a PE ratio of 21.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Kimberly-Clark Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kimberly-Clark Corporation has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kimberly-Clark has a market cap of $38.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 17.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kimberly-Clark Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KMB's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP has improved earnings per share by 15.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.42 versus $3.99 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.71 versus $4.42).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Household Products industry average. The net income increased by 13.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $468.00 million to $531.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $607.00 million or 3.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.93%.
- You can view the full Kimberly-Clark Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts