RICHMOND, Va., July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion (NYSE: D) has acquired three solar-power development projects near Indianapolis, Ind., from Sunrise Energy Ventures.
Expected to be in service before the end of 2013, the projects will use standard photovoltaic technology with a fixed-axis system to generate a peak combined output of 28.6 megawatts of electricity.
"Dominion has been adding renewable energy to its diversified generation mix and is very pleased to acquire these three solar projects," said David Christian, Dominion Generation CEO. "These projects are consistent with Dominion's promotion of a portfolio of efficient conventional, nuclear and renewable resources."The three projects are known as Indy Solar I, Indy Solar II and Indy Solar III. Two of the projects, located southeast of Indianapolis in Franklin Township, will be sited on 155 acres. The third, located southwest of Indianapolis, will be sited on 134 acres. All three projects are on flat agricultural and forest land that are well suited for solar installation. The purchase price is confidential. The projects have 15-year power purchase agreements with Indianapolis Power and Light Company. AMEC, an international engineering and construction firm with U.S. headquarters in Tucker, Ga., will build the three facilities. AMEC is also building a 7.7 megawatt solar installation for Dominion near Augusta, Ga. Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 27,000 megawatts of generation, 11,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and 6,400 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 947 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves retail energy customers in 15 states. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV