Trade-Ideas: Newmont Mining Corporation (NEM) Is Today's Pre-Market Leader Stock
- NEM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $273.5 million.
- NEM traded 31,918 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:25 AM.
- NEM is up 3.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NEM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NEM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NEM: Newmont Mining Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition, exploration, and production of gold and copper properties. The company's assets or operations are located in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, Mexico, and New Zealand. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5%. NEM has a PE ratio of 8.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Newmont Mining Corporation a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Newmont Mining Corporation has been 9.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Newmont has a market cap of $13.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of -0.06 and a short float of 4.2% with 1.93 days to cover. Shares are down 39.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Newmont Mining Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.46, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.84 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 37.17%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 43.24% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $433.00 million or 28.89% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, NEWMONT MINING CORP has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full Newmont Mining Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts