SAO PAULO, July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The main figures of Bradesco (BM&FBovespa: BBDC3; BBDC4), (NYSE: BBD) in the first half of 2013 are presented below:
1. Adjusted Net Income(1) for the first half of 2013 stood at R$5.921 billion (a 3.7% increase compared to the R$5.712 billion recorded in the same period of the previous year), corresponding to earnings per share of R$2.79 in the last 12 months, and Return on Average Adjusted Shareholders' Equity(2) of 18.8%.
2. Adjusted Net Income is composed of R$4.060 billion from financial activities, representing 68.6% of the total, and R$1.861 billion from insurance, pension plan and capitalization bond operations, which accounted for 31.4%.
3. On June 30, 2013, Bradesco's market capitalization stood at R$124.716 billion(3), up 18.9% over the same period in 2012. As of May 2013, Bradesco common shares compose the Ibovespa index.4. Total Assets stood at R$896.697 billion in June 2013, an 8.0% increase over the same period in 2012. Return on Total Average Assets was 1.3%. 5. The Expanded Loan Portfolio(4) stood at R$402.517 billion in June 2013, up 10.3% during the same period in 2012. Operations with individuals totaled R$123.562 billion (up 10.1% from June 2012), while operations with companies totaled R$278.955 billion (up 10.4% from June 2012). 6. Assets under Management stood at R$1.234 trillion, a 9.1% increase from June 2012. 7. Shareholders' Equity stood at R$66.028 billion in June 2013, up 3.3% from June 2012. Capital Adequacy Ratio stood at 15.4% in June 2013, 11.6% of which fell under Tier I Capital. 8. Interest on Shareholders' Equity were paid and recorded in provision to shareholders in the amount of R$2.066 billion for the first half of 2013, R$1.305 billion of which was paid as monthly and interim interest and R$761 million was recorded in provision. 9. Interest Financial Margin stood at R$21.078 billion, up 1.6% in comparison with the first half of 2012. 10. The Delinquency Ratio over 90 days dropped 0.5 p.p. in the last 12 months and stood at 3.7% on June 30, 2013 (4.2% on June 30, 2012). 11. The Efficiency Ratio(5) improved by 0.6 p.p. (from 42.4% in June 2012 to 41.8% in June 2013), and the "adjusted-to-risk" efficiency ratio stood at 52.6% (53.1% in June 2012). 12. Insurance Written Premiums, Pension Plan Contributions and Capitalization Bond Income totaled R$24.191 billion in the first half of 2013, up 15.3% over 2012. Technical Reserves stood at R$131.819 billion, up 17.9% from June 2012. 13. Investments in infrastructure, information technology and telecommunications amounted to R$2.296 billion in the first half of 2013, up 15.6% over the same period in 2012. 14. Taxes and contributions, including social security, paid or recorded in provision, amounted to R$12.991 billion in the first half, of which R$4.894 billion referred to taxes withheld and collected from third parties and R$8.097 billion from Bradesco Organization activities, equivalent to 136.8% of Adjusted Net Income (1). 15. Bradesco has an extensive customer service network in Brazil, with 4,692 Branches and 3,795 Service Branches - PAs. Customers can also use 1,454 PAEs – ATMs (Automatic Teller Machines) in companies, 44,819 Bradesco Expresso service points, 34,322 Bradesco Dia & Noite ATMs and 13,650 ATMs. 16. Payroll, plus charges and benefits, totaled R$5.316 billion. Social benefits provided to the 101,951 employees of the Bradesco Organization and their dependents amounted to R$1.311 billion, while investments in training and development programs totaled R$39.062 million. 17. Major Awards and Acknowledgments in the period:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV