Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Emerson Electric (EMR) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Emerson Electric as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EMR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $177.4 million.
- EMR traded 13,155 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:19 AM.
- EMR is up 2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EMR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EMR NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on EMR: Emerson Electric Co., a diversified technology company, engages in designing and supplying products and technology, and providing engineering services and solutions to the industrial, commercial, and consumer markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. EMR has a PE ratio of 20.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold.The average volume for Emerson Electric has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $41.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.36 and a short float of 2.1% with 5.18 days to cover. Shares are up 9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Emerson Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.08, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 42.35% is the gross profit margin for EMERSON ELECTRIC CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.41% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $597.00 million or 6.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, EMERSON ELECTRIC CO's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 6.67%.
- You can view the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about EMR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV