CHICAGO, July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bankers Life and Casualty Company today announced that it has been named as one of the country's top 50 performing life-health insurance companies in the 2013 Ward's 50 ranking— an honor bestowed to only 50 of the 800 life-health insurers analyzed.
Ward Group, a leading consulting firm, analyzed the financial performance of nearly 800 US-based life-health insurance companies and identified the top performers over a five-year period (2008-2012). Ward's specifically identified companies that consistently achieved outstanding financial results and outperformed the industry in key factors including: financial stability, revenue growth, strong capital/surplus positions, underwriting results and financial returns.
"It is a great honor to be selected to the Ward's 50 list of top performing life and health insurers," said Scott Perry, president of Bankers Life. "This recognition affirms our commitment to delivering strong financial and operating results that our customers, shareholders, and employees come to expect and depend on even in sluggish economic conditions."
"Ward Group looks at company performance over a five-year period, and Bankers Life has demonstrated the ability to maintain outstanding results over the long term," said Jeff Rieder, partner and head of Ward Group.This is the 23 rd consecutive year the Ward Group has conducted this analysis. For more information about the Ward Group and the Ward's 50, visit the organization's website at wardinc.com. About Bankers Life and Casualty CompanyEstablished in 1879 in Chicago, Bankers Life and Casualty Company focuses on the insurance needs of the retirement market. The nationwide company, a subsidiary of CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: CNO), offers a broad portfolio of health and life insurance and annuities designed especially for retirees. To learn more, visit bankers.com. SOURCE Bankers Life and Casualty Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV