Stewart Title Guaranty Company announced today the promotion of Charlie Harris and Dawn Lewallen to senior underwriter. Harris previously served as associate senior underwriting counsel for Georgia and Lewallen previously served as associate senior underwriting counsel and state counsel for Georgia.
“We are pleased to have the expertise of two such seasoned title insurance underwriters in these senior positions,” says Mark Johnson, vice president and southeast regional underwriting counsel. “Both Charlie and Dawn have valuable experience that enables us to craft solutions to even the most complex title issues, and we look forward to their continued success in Georgia.”
Harris is a 25-year industry veteran and joined Stewart in 1997. His experience includes residential and commercial transaction underwriting; policy interpretation and issuance; and claim and salvage consultation. Harris is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and its Real Property Section; the Georgia Real Estate Closing Attorneys Association; and a Director on the board of the Georgia Real Estate Fraud Prevention Action Coalition. He has authored numerous articles on real estate topics and is a frequent lecturer at bar and real estate industry functions, as well as at Stewart TIPS Seminars for our network of independent agencies, and other presentations to Stewart-issuing agencies across Georgia.
Harris received his bachelor’s degree from Emory University and his Juris Doctorate from Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University. He also served in the U.S. Army and is a Vietnam Veteran.Lewallen joined Stewart in 2000. She spent the early years of her legal career with a global investment firm and as an associate attorney handling due diligence compilations. At Stewart, she has served as a field customer service representative managing policy holder claims and a regional underwriting counsel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV