SAN DIEGO ( TheStreet) -- Gathered for the conversation were sommeliers from Four Seasons properties throughout Europe.
Wine experts from the retail industry, wine bloggers and journalists were also in attendance.
The topic: the attributes of four pre-selected wines.And while many of the participants in this conversation were present at the Amaranto Bar at the Four Seasons Hotel London, many more were participating via Twitter as part of the Four Seasons' second virtual wine tasting event. "This is a way of extending the reach of our experts to more people," says Sorya Gaulin, director of corporate PR and social media for Four Seasons. "We are one of the few hotel companies that has very awarded sommeliers, people who are certified wine experts." The virtual wine tastings are also a way for the Four Seasons to demonstrate what can be done in the virtual world while maintaining very relevant links to the real world and the hotel business, Gaulin says. (FB) page designed to shine light on Four Seasons' wine talent and give the audience a chance to engage with their experts directly. One week each month a different Four Seasons sommelier answers questions about wine pairing, with conversations going something like this: "Lobster poached in butter. Would like to add wine to the butter -- what should I use? And what wine should I serve with the meal?" The response from a renowned sommelier is posted within minutes: "Butter's the key factor here for both flavor and mouthfeel, and Chardonnay is the answer to both questions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV