Hawaii Court Rules In Case Of Woman's Duct Death
He thought it was odd and said the woman seemed to be acting erratically, jumping on the duct and saying there was a baby inside, according to the court's opinion. Her jumping broke a hole in the metal, and she squeezed her way in. The worker called security.
Fry fell four stories and landed above a deep fryer in the food court, Breiner said.
Employees eventually turned off the stoves. While trapped, Fry told a security officer she was on the roof because "she wanted to be free."
No one from Ala Moana called emergency services until about 20 minutes later, according to the ruling. The first call was to police to say a woman broke into the duct and was crawling through without authorization. Later, another call asked for help getting her out of the duct.Frye was transported in critical condition to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. General Growth Properties Inc., which owns and manages Ala Moana Center, declined to comment on the ruling. Michael Green, another attorney representing Fry's family, said it's still not known how Fry was able to access a series of locked doors to get up on the roof. "We're convinced someone took her up there," he said. __ Follow Jennifer Sinco Kelleher at http://www.twitter.com/jenhapa .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV