According to Lang's research, Northrop's weekly chart couldn't get any nicer. The stock has rallied all year on strong volume and the Williams oscillator has been pegged in the "overbought" category, meaning that investors have been clamoring for the stock no matter what the price.
Northrop's daily chart was also a thing of beauty, noted Lang, with a floor of support at $84 a share and virtually no ceiling of resistance as the stock ventures into new-high territory. The MACD momentum indictor also shows strong interest in the stock.
So what of the fundamentals? Cramer said that while sequestration may be killing off some government spending, it's certainly not affecting Northrop, which makes things like unmanned drones and other high-tech wizardry. The company has also been cutting costs and shedding low-margin businesses to to make it even more profitable in the given environment.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer asked the question, what makes the perfect quarter? In a word, Schlumberger. Cramer said the Schlumberger conference call "had it all," including a five-year plan for dividend growth and share repurchase, both revenue growth and margin expansion, innovation, international growth, a new spending cycle that has clients lining for more services and a company that has more service to offer those clients. Add up all of these amazing positives, and Cramer said it's easy to see why investors took shares higher on Friday and again Monday. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV