To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Disney VoluntEARS program, Disney Citizenship invites fans and families to give back to their communities as “honorary” VoluntEARS for the day at the D23 Expo. The Ultimate Disney Fan Event takes places August 9 – 11 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
“Honorary” VoluntEARS will work alongside Disney employees and nonprofits, including Feeding America, the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, Inside the Outdoors, First Book and local Boys & Girls Clubs on one of three service projects:
- Create healthy snack packs for a local food bank: Fans will pack healthy snack bags for kids and families in Los Angeles County. Snack packs will be distributed through the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank.
- Plant seeds for school and community vegetable gardens: Working with Inside the Outdoors, “honorary” VoluntEARS will prepare vegetable and herb seedlings that will later be distributed to nearby school and community gardens.
- Assemble creativity kits for kids: Guests will join First Book and Boys & Girls Clubs to decorate and fill creativity kits with school supplies and Disney books for thousands of kids heading back to school this fall.
While at the Citizenship pavilion, guests can share what inspires them to create a brighter tomorrow at the “Be Inspired” photo booth. Fans can also boost their Disney Citizenship I.Q. and win prizes by participating in a virtual scavenger hunt that will lead them through the Expo in search of fun facts. The scavenger hunt will be part of the D23 Expo app, available later this month in the iTunes and Google Play stores.
Tickets to the D23 Expo are available at D23Expo.com. Admission includes access to all experiences and entertainment at the D23 Expo and can be purchased for single days or for the full three days of festivities. Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will receive a discount for up to four admissions, as well as early entry to each day of the D23 Expo for themselves and their guests. For more information on D23 Expo 2013, visit D23Expo.com.About D23 Expo 2013 The D23 Expo—The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—brings the entire world of Disney under one roof, providing attendees with unprecedented access to Disney films, television, and theme parks. For the latest D23 Expo 2013 news, visit www.D23Expo.com. To be part of the D23 Expo conversation, make sure to follow @DisneyD23 and tag your tweets with #D23Expo. About D23 The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his fledgling studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s nearly 90-year history. D23 gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts and special events for D23 Members throughout the year, highlighted by the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California, August 9–11, 2013. Fans can join D23 at Gold, Silver and Free Membership levels at D23.com and at www.DisneyStore.com/D23. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow us @DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube. For press releases, logos and imagery, please visit www.D23MediaNet.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV