The Ryland Group, Inc. today announced that it has acquired the operations and assets of Cornell Homes, one of the Philadelphia market’s largest private homebuilders. The Cornell acquisition provides Ryland with a successful ongoing operation in the Tri-state area with approximately 97 homes sold and available for delivery, 8 decorated models and 1,716 additional lots for future sales. Cornell Homes currently operates in 12 active communities. All of Cornell’s employees are expected to join Ryland in conjunction with the acquisition and Greg Lingo, Cornell’s President, will be Ryland’s Philadelphia Division President.
“We are pleased to announce the acquisition of Cornell Homes which is consistent with our strategy of expanding into new markets that present opportunities for growth. We are excited about the current and future land positions we have acquired as a result of the purchase of Cornell,” said Larry Nicholson, Ryland’s CEO and President.
The purchase of Cornell Homes is Ryland’s fourth acquisition in the last 13 months following its purchase of the assets of Timberstone Homes in Charlotte and Raleigh in July of 2012, Trend Homes in Phoenix in December of 2012 and LionsGate Homes in Dallas in June of this year.
Headquartered in Southern California, Ryland is one of the nation’s largest homebuilders and a leading mortgage-finance company. Since its founding in 1967, Ryland has built more than 295,000 homes and financed more than 245,000 mortgages. The company currently operates in 13 states across the country and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “RYL.” For more information, please visit www.ryland.com.For more information, please contact Drew Mackintosh, Vice President of Investor Relations and Communication at Drew.Mackintosh@ryland.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV