Trade-Ideas: Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- MSFT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.2 billion.
- MSFT traded 4.8 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 5:33 AM, representing 13.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MSFT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MSFT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MSFT: Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. MSFT has a PE ratio of 18.7. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Microsoft Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for Microsoft Corporation has been 49.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Microsoft has a market cap of $302.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.04 and a short float of 1% with 2.17 days to cover. Shares are up 35.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Microsoft Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in stock price during the past year, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MSFT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.19 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.71, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for MICROSOFT CORP is currently very high, coming in at 81.78%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 29.55% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Microsoft Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.