HOUSTON, July 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Apache Corporation (NYSE, Nasdaq: APA) today announced the appointment of John E. Lowe, a former ConocoPhillips executive, to its board of directors.
Lowe is a member of the board of directors for Phillips 66 and Agrium Inc. Previously, he held a series of executive positions with ConocoPhillips, including executive vice president, Exploration & Production; executive vice president, Commercial; and executive vice president, Planning, Strategy and Corporate Affairs. He is a former board member of Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. LLC, DCP Midstream LLC and DCP Midstream GP, LLC, the general partner of DCP Midstream Partners LP.
Lowe holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance and Accounting from Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, Kansas.
"John brings 30 years of experience and strategic leadership in the global oil and gas industry," said Charles J. Pitman, chairman of the Apache board's Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee. "His background will enable him to assess the opportunities and risks that Apache will confront in the years ahead."About ApacheApache Corporation is an oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the United States, Canada, Egypt, the United Kingdom North Sea, Australia and Argentina. Apache posts announcements, operational updates, investor information and copies of all press releases on its website, www.apachecorp.com. APA-G SOURCE Apache Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV