Trade-Ideas: Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Is Today's Pre-Market Laggard Stock
- HPQ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $373.9 million.
- HPQ traded 39,371 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:57 AM.
- HPQ is down 2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HPQ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HPQ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HPQ: Hewlett-Packard Company and its subsidiaries provide products, technologies, software, solutions, and services to individual consumers, small-and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health, and education sectors worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Hewlett-Packard a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hewlett-Packard has been 17.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hewlett-Packard has a market cap of $51.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.66 and a short float of 2.4% with 3.14 days to cover. Shares are up 84.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hewlett-Packard as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HPQ's share price has jumped by 33.97%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $3,556.00 million or 43.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HEWLETT-PACKARD CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.21%.
- HPQ, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.14 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, HPQ has a quick ratio of 0.70, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, HEWLETT-PACKARD CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.