Trade-Ideas: General Electric (GE) Is Today's Pre-Market Leader Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified General Electric (GE) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified General Electric as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $793.0 million.
- GE traded 301,884 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM.
- GE is up 2.8% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GE NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on GE: General Electric Company operates as an infrastructure and financial services company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. GE has a PE ratio of 16.3. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate General Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.The average volume for General Electric has been 40.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. General Electric has a market cap of $242.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.32 and a short float of 0.8% with 2.59 days to cover. Shares are up 12.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates General Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC CO has improved earnings per share by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL ELECTRIC CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.38 versus $1.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.65 versus $1.38).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Industrial Conglomerates industry average. The net income increased by 16.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $3,034.00 million to $3,527.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for GENERAL ELECTRIC CO is rather high; currently it is at 54.27%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.56% is above that of the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full General Electric Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV