The list consists of Japanese stocks with increasing profitability as indicated by rising diluted normalized earnings per share (EPS) for the past three consecutive years. EPS refers to the amount of profit allocated per outstanding share of common stock. Diluted normalized EPS differs from normalized EPS by taking convertible securities into consideration. Examples of convertible securities include options, warrens, and convertible preferred shares that could be exercised as well as lower net income. As a result, diluted normalized EPS tends to be both lower and more conservative than normalized EPS.
Your browser does not support iframes.
Do you think these companies will continue to increase their profits? Use this list as a starting point for your own analysis.1. Wacoal Holdings Corp. (WACLY): Designs, manufactures, and markets women's intimate apparel primarily in Japan, Asia, the Americas, and Europe. Market cap at $1.48B, most recent closing price at $52.22. Diluted normalized EPS increased from 26.97 to 31.68 during the first time interval (12 months ending 2011-03-31 vs. 12 months ending 2010-03-31). For the second time interval, diluted normalized EPS increased from 31.68 to 52.5 (12 months ending 2012-03-31 vs. 12 months ending 2011-03-31). And for the last time interval, the EPS increased from 52.5 to 68.76 (12 months ending 2013-03-31 vs. 12 months ending 2012-03-31). 2. ORIX Corp. (IX): Provides financial products and services to corporate and retail customers in Japan and internationally. Market cap at $16.7B, most recent closing price at $74.23. Diluted normalized EPS increased from 41.13 to 69.99 during the first time interval (12 months ending 2011-03-31 vs. 12 months ending 2010-03-31). For the second time interval, diluted normalized EPS increased from 69.99 to 80.76 (12 months ending 2012-03-31 vs. 12 months ending 2011-03-31). And for the last time interval, the EPS increased from 80.76 to 109.52 (12 months ending 2013-03-31 vs. 12 months ending 2012-03-31).
3. Kubota Corporation (KUBTY): Engages in the manufacture of machinery, and other industrial and consumer products primarily in Japan. Market cap at $20.63B, most recent closing price at $82.12.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV