NEW YORK, July 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) announced today that Abdool Rahim Moossa, M.D., a member of its Board of Directors, passed away on July 17.
Dr. Moossa joined the WebMD Board at the time of its initial public offering in 2005 and brought his many years of experience as a physician and medical educator to WebMD as it became the leading health information company.
Martin J. Wygod, Chairman of the Board of WebMD stated: "His service to our company was only a small part of the legacy that Dr. Moossa leaves. He was a gifted surgeon and caring physician, who served as Chairman of the Department of Surgery at the University of California, San Diego for two decades, providing training and mentoring to young doctors there and throughout the world. We were fortunate to have him share his wisdom with us as a member of our Board and he will be greatly missed by his friends and colleagues at WebMD."
About WebMDWebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, health care professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms, and health-focused publications. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, Medscape Education, and other owned WebMD sites. SOURCE WebMD Health Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV