Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Schlumberger (SLB) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Schlumberger as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SLB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $439.5 million.
- SLB traded 40,032 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:37 AM.
- SLB is up 5.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SLB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SLB NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on SLB: Schlumberger Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the supply of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to oil and gas exploration and production industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. SLB has a PE ratio of 18.9. Currently there are 24 analysts that rate Schlumberger a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.The average volume for Schlumberger has been 6.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Schlumberger has a market cap of $101.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.81 and a short float of 1% with 2.44 days to cover. Shares are up 12% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Schlumberger as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, unimpressive growth in net income and disappointing return on equity.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.34, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SCHLUMBERGER LTD has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SCHLUMBERGER LTD is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.27%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.80% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Schlumberger Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about SLB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV