Medical: Equal-weight -- (817 stocks) 88 stocks have buy ratings and 174 are rated sell.
Multi-Sector Conglomerates: Overweight -- (49 stocks) 36 stocks or 73.5% have buy ratings and none have sell ratings.
Two notable buy rated stocks are in this sector. Dow components 3M Company (MMM) ($115.48) and United Technologies (UTX) ($101.34). Both set new multi-year highs on Thursday and both report quarterly results next week. I will be profiling these next week before they report earnings.
Oils-Energy: Underweight -- (557 stocks) Only ten stocks have buy ratings and 183, or 32.9% are rated strong sell or sell.Retail-Wholesale: Overweight -- (358 stocks) 288 stocks or 80.4% have buy ratings and only seven have sell ratings. Transportation: Avoid source of funds -- (182 stocks) Only eight have buy ratings and 144, or 79.1% are rated strong sell or sell. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV