Second Quarter Highlights:
- Profitable organic growth continues with EPS of $0.18 per share
- Operating revenues increase 3% QOQ primarily driven by a 7% increase in fee income
- Strong customer activity drove QOQ increases in most fee income categories
- Stable net interest margin of 3.36%
- Organic loan growth continues with average total loans up 8% QOQ
- Average commercial loans increase 10% QOQ, the bank's 14th consecutive quarter of double-digit commercial loan growth
- Interest-bearing checking balances increase 11% QOQ
- Transactional deposits averaged 34% of deposits, up from 30% a year-ago
- Mobile banking exceeds 100,000 registered customers
- Strong credit quality maintained
- NCOs equaled 0.33% of average originated loans, compared to 0.35% in 2012
BUFFALO, N.Y., July 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:FNFG) today reported net income available to common shareholders of $63.6 million or $0.18 per diluted share for the second quarter of 2013 highlighted by organic expansion of commercial and indirect auto lending, continued growth in transactional deposit balances, strong fee income generation and positive operating leverage.
"We continue to drive profitable organic growth across our entire footprint by diversifying and enhancing revenue sources while managing expenses to achieve real operating leverage," said Gary Crosby, Interim President and Chief Executive Officer. "First Niagara's strong business fundamentals are translating into strong financial performance. As we continue our search for a permanent CEO, the entire First Niagara team has not missed a beat and we are all focused on achieving our overall performance goals by expanding and broadening customer relationships for profitable organic growth."Second Quarter Results In the second quarter of 2013, First Niagara reported net income available to common shareholders of $63.6 million, or $0.18 per diluted share. In the second quarter of 2012, First Niagara reported a net loss available to common shareholders of $18.5 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, that included $135.2 million in pre-tax acquisition and restructuring expenses incurred primarily in connection with the closing of the HSBC branch acquisition in May 2012. For the first three months of the year, net income to common shareholders was $59.7 million, or $0.17 per diluted share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV