5 Least Sinful Cities in America
America's fourth-most-saintly city: Glendale, Calif.
Perhaps it's not surprising that a suburb of Los Angeles (the "City of Angels") makes Movoto's list of America's Most Saintly Cities.
Glendale did well in the site's study primarily because the 192,000-population community ranks highly for charity and kindness, two measures of low crime. "The big thing in Glendale is really its low theft and violent-crime rates," Nelson says.The community places No. 2 in the study for charity, with just 13 property crimes a year per 1,000 residents. Glendale also comes in third for kindness, with just one violent crime per year for every 1,000 citizens. As for the study's other measures, the city ranks 13th for temperance, 20th for diligence, 30th for generosity and 38th for chastity. But Glendale only places 55th for humility because it has one plastic surgeon for every 9,219 residents -- a relatively high rate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV