BURLINGTON, Mass., July 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Exa ® Corporation (Nasdaq:EXA) is pleased to report that in an astonishing 8:13.878 minutes, Peugeot's Sport's 208 T16 Pikes Peak racecar set a new world record at the International Hill Climb race in Colorado on June 30th. This racecar was optimized for maximum downforce solely through PowerFLOW ® aerodynamic simulations.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=19934
The Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak racecar was expected to do well, but it beat all expectations. Bruno Famin, Director of Peugeot Sport remarked, "We smashed the previous world record by a minute and a half — a simply remarkable accomplishment." Famin continued, "We knew PowerFLOW would accurately simulate the real world, and our driver, Sébastien Loeb confirmed the car stuck to the road like a F1 racecar throughout the entire climb. We achieved the needed downforce to keep our driver safely on the road during this incredibly taxing race."Peugeot Sport designed an extremely unique and efficient car. The trademark rear wing and front splitter were not only aesthetically interesting, but optimized aerodynamic devices. "Within only a few weeks, Peugeot Sport's team managed to optimize all the aerodynamic components as well as the underbody of the car using our PowerFLOW simulations," stated Jean-Paul Roux, Exa's President of European Operations. "Knowing this team and the potential for creativity in this 'Unlimited' class, I had high expectations that the car would be a winner — but to blow away the record and pull off such a commanding win is fantastic." The second place finisher came in at 9:02.19, almost 50 seconds behind. Many race experts feel that this dominant Peugeot engineering team might be able to approach the 7 minute mark in the future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV