Identive Group Provides Preliminary Results For Its 2013 Second Quarter
- Investments driving growth in Transponders, NFC and idOnDemand SaaS - Earnings call and webcast to discuss Q2 results scheduled for August 13, 2013
SANTA ANA, Calif. and ISMANING, Germany, July 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Identive Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:INVE) (Frankfurt:INV), a provider of products, services and solutions for the identification, security and RFID industries, announced preliminary results of its second quarter (Q2) ended June 30, 2013. These results are subject to further review and completion by the Company and its auditors. Identive intends to hold a conference call and webcast to discuss Q2 performance on August 13, 2013.
"Sales and margin performance was strong across many areas of our business in Q2, and we continued to improve our bottom line results," said Ayman S. Ashour, chief executive officer of Identive Group. "Our strategy focuses on extending our position in existing identity management and contactless solutions markets and capturing share in new, potentially hyper-growth opportunities including NFC, cashless payment and SaaS. We are now experiencing meaningful sales growth in both emerging and established markets as a result of our investments in core technology, product innovation and manufacturing capacity. Our overall performance in Q2 was tempered by the ongoing effects of the U.S. Government federal budget sequester, which continues to delay project implementation and sales in our normally stable Access Control & Security business."Q2 2013 Performance Highlights
- During Q2, Identive was awarded a $2 million, long-term SaaS contract from a leading technology company, won a major healthcare customer and recorded the first meaningful revenue from its idOnDemand cloud-based identity management solution. These new orders begin to build a stable, visible source of recurring revenue in the Company's SaaS business.
- Producing at full capacity, Identive shipped 46 million RFID tags and inlays (transponders), an increase of approximately 50% over Q2 2012, to address a variety of contactless applications. As a result, year-to-date 2013 shipments are already on par with the total number of transponders shipped in the full year 2012. A number of large orders for near field communication (NFC) inlays and tags to enable M2M electronic games and mobile phone-based applications, such as access and payment, contributed to this growth, with NFC transponders accounting for more than one-quarter of transponders shipped in the quarter. By selling more intelligent products and subsequently moving up the value chain, the Transponder/NFC business also continued improved margin development.
- Within its ID Solutions business, Identive won a multi-year contract at a seventh German sports stadium to provide payment systems for concession sales. The Company also continued to deploy payment products, software and services under a $4 million contract with a retail food franchise that includes more than 300 locations in Europe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV