Urban Caucus Leader Calls On Federal Government To Support Detroit
Congressman Fattah asks the President to act immediately to help the City of Detroit.
WASHINGTON, July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Representative Chaka Fattah (D-PA), a leader of the Congressional Urban Caucus, sent a letter to President Obama today calling on the Administration to lend a helping hand to Detroit, Michigan following the news that the city has filed for bankruptcy.
In the correspondence, Fattah requests the Administration intercede to make certain that Detroit's future is secure and hopeful. He asks the President to bring together members of his cabinet and members of the White House Council on Strong Cities, Strong Communities to work together to analyze Detroit's fiscal situation and intervene on the city's behalf.
Fattah said in his letter, "I understand the important role cities play in the economic vitality of metropolitan regions and our nation as a whole. Our cities serve as economic engines leading to innovations, job creation and growth. Moreover, cities like Detroit are strategically aligned, within their respective regions, to attract economic opportunities for their surrounding areas. As such, we must do all we can to protect these cities and work toward their prosperity."Fattah stands ready to work with John Conyers and the rest of the Michigan delegation on this important issue. SOURCE Office of Congressman Chaka Fattah
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV