The law firm of Wohl & Fruchter LLP is investigating possible violations of federal securities laws by officers and directors of JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (JAKKS) (NASDAQ: JAKK).
On July 17, 2013, after the market close, JAKKS slashed its full-year forecast of revenue and earnings, citing disappointing sales from two new licensed brands and a shift in children's playing preference to electronic devices. In response, the Company said it would suspend its dividend, and implement a restructuring plan involving a “substantial reduction of leased space, employees and other overhead expenses.”
On the news, JAKK dropped over 39% from a close of $11.48/share on July 17, 2013, to a close of $6.99/share on July 18, 2013.
Wohl & Fruchter’s investigation concerns whether JAKKS management concealed from investors, among other things, the negative impact that the shift in children’s preference for electronic devices was having on sales of the Company’s more traditional toys.Persons with relevant information, and JAKK shareholders with questions about this investigation, are invited to contact the attorney below, or our Firm by calling 866.833.6245. Additional information is available on our website at: http://www.wohlfruchter.com/cases/jakk. About Wohl & Fruchter Wohl & Fruchter LLP represents plaintiffs in litigation arising from fraud and other fiduciary breaches by corporate managers, as well as other complex litigation matters. Please visit our website, www.wohlfruchter.com, to learn more about our Firm, or contact one of our partners. This release may be deemed to constitute attorney advertising.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV