ROCKVILLE, Md., July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), one of the world's largest hotel companies, named Channel Point Hospitality, LLC the winner of its 2013 Premier Developer Award. This elite distinction was in recognition of the firm's commitment to the Choice Hotels family of 11 brands. The prestigious award was announced at the 59 th annual convention of Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) in Los Angeles.
Channel Point Hospitality is a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of Aimbridge Hospitality, the nation's second largest independent hotel investment and management firm. Last year, Colony Capital, LLC, and Aimbridge helped to create a landmark event in Choice Hotels' history when they joined in executing the largest multi-unit conversion ever to take place in a single transaction. As a result of the deal, 46 hotels – formerly operated as Jameson Inns in locations throughout the United States – opened last December under Choice Hotels' Quality Inn, Comfort Inn and Econo Lodge brands.
"This transaction was a record-setting achievement," said Stephen P. Joyce, president and CEO of Choice Hotels International, Inc. "Channel Point and Aimbridge have shown tremendous leadership as they join us in making extraordinary strides in development. We deeply value our relationship with them, and look forward to sharing our mutual experience and expertise as we continue to raise the bar of excellence."
The Premier Developer award recognizes exceptional franchisees who develop properties with Choice Hotels, live up to the brand promise through excellent property performance, and are active in the franchise community. The award recognizes owners who are truly committed to the brand and who work closely with Choice Hotels to enhance the brand's success.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV