The ACE Group announced today that Damien Sullivan has been named Chairman of the company’s Asia Pacific region. Currently the region’s President, Mr. Sullivan in this new role will focus on governance, strategic planning and senior customer relationships across the region, which spans North and Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Mr. Sullivan will continue to report to John Keogh, Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer, ACE Limited, and Chairman, Insurance – Overseas General, and will relocate from Singapore to Australia.
Damien Sullivan, Chairman, Asia Pacific, ACE Group (Photo: Business Wire)
Juan Luis Ortega will succeed Mr. Sullivan as Regional President, Asia Pacific, with overall responsibility for the general management and business results of the commercial and personal property and casualty and personal accident insurance operations in the region’s 12 countries and territories. Currently Senior Vice President and Head of Accident & Health for the region, Mr. Ortega will continue to be based in Singapore and will report to both Mr. Keogh and Mr. Sullivan.
In a related appointment, Paul McNamee has been named Deputy President, Asia Pacific. Currently Division President, North America Property & Specialty Lines, Mr. McNamee will lead the commercial P&C business in the region as well as have direct responsibility for several key strategic markets. He will relocate from Philadelphia to Singapore and report to Mr. Ortega.
All of the appointments are effective September 1, 2013.“I first want to extend my congratulations to Damien for his outstanding guidance of the Asia Pacific region for the last three years,” said Mr. Keogh. “His leadership and exemplary performance have built a strong franchise in the region. He is a great partner and I look forward to his continued contributions as a trusted advisor to me and Juan Luis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV